Is it possible to have the wedding of your dreams on a budget? Yes! We had a small wedding of 75 people in Las Vegas for $5,000. You might have to make some sacrifices (like not invite all your cousins and coworkers) or pass on that $6,000 couture wedding dress you found on Instagram. But, I promise, you can still have a beautiful and memorable wedding for $5,000 or even less!
Here are some tips to help you slash your budget while still having an amazing day.
1. The Guest List – Although elopements are trending on social media, micro weddings are a great compromise. Keep your guest list to 50 people or less and you will save money on everythingggg. Also consider sending digital for RSVPs with a free wedding website, but maybe mail paper invites to more traditional guests like grandparents.
2. Venue – Select a venue that isn’t marketed as a wedding venue. A big house with a spacious yard, community center, or a restaurant with a rooftop are great options. You will save thousands. We had our ceremony and reception in our neighborhood community clubhouse in Las Vegas. Luckily, it was newly renovated, right on the lake and only $250 (residents only).
3. Food – At a minimum, catering costs at least $15 per person, so keep the smaller guest list. However, you can opt to serve just appetizers or have a gourmet taco bar for low-cost foods choices if you have to have that bigger guest list. Vegas Rose Events made the most delicious sushi and Hawaiian food for our wedding and we had so much left over. They specialize in Filipino, Hawaiian and Japanese dishes – they can even do Teppanyaki!
Contact Grace: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Photography – Bottom line, quality photographers are expensive for weddings. Most photographer packages start at 6 hours of coverage, however you can always ask if a photographer is willing to offer you a smaller package (they may not if you have a popular wedding date). Sommer Luna Photography was able to accommodate us with 3 hours of photography. That covered the wedding ceremony, family pictures following, and a little bit of the reception. She was so accommodating, heartwarming and professional. We still got a ton of beautiful pictures and stayed within our budget.
Contact Sommer: email@example.com
5. The Dress – This was my inspiration for starting Beatrice Bridal! Bridal salons were so expensive and buying online was daunting (too many choices and fake websites). My wedding dress was part of the first order I made from our workshop. Let us help you create your dream wedding dress and stay in your budget. Call or email me today for a free quote!
Contact Erin Marx: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget about our sale! 10% off your custom dress order + a Free Veil until April 30.